Hyundai Motor shows off air mobility, drone tech at Seoul defense fair
简介Hyundai Motor Group said Tuesday that its urban air mobility arm Supernal, along with its sister fir ...
Hyundai Motor Group said Tuesday that its urban air mobility arm Supernal, along with its sister firm Kia, are showcasing their latest UAM vision and drone technology at this week's Seoul ADEX 2023, Korea’s largest aerospace and defense trade show.
This is the first time for the US-based Supernal to set up an exhibition booth at the biennial event since its launch in 2020.
During the event, it aims to raise its brand awareness and seek new business opportunities.
At this year’s ADEX, Supernal unveiled the concept model of its UAM aircraft under development, which will be rolled out in 2028.
Inspired by the biological structure of butterflies, the five-seater aircraft does not adopt common aircraft designs and instead follows the straightforward and sophisticated interior concept of an automobile, the company said. It also uses ecofriendly materials including reusable carbon, plant and plastic fibers, as well as materials made out of trees.
Visitors on board can experience an augmented reality service of the UAM as if they are flying in the air, according to the company. Video footage will also play during the event and show how Seoul can change with the new air mobility.
“We are glad to make a debut in Korea, one of the key UAM markets,” said Shin Jae-won, Supernal CEO and the head of Hyundai Motor Group’s advanced air mobility division. “Through partnerships with other firms, the company aims to develop safe and innovative self-flying aircraft and create a future air mobility ecosystem.”
Kia also presents a concept model of a hydrogen fuel cell drone, which can carry out logistics support for military units and reconnaissance and surveillance missions. The drone is under development with an aim to realize a safe and high-speed flight based on Hyundai Motor Group’s hydrogen fuel cell technology and light aircraft body.
The carmaker’s hydrogen-powered multicopter or multirotor drone, Korea’s first hydrogen fuel cell aircraft that passed the airworthiness test, boasts its long flight range powered by batteries and hydrogen cells.
The military concept car of the EV9, Kia’s first 3-row battery-powered electric vehicle, shows how it befits as a military transportation based on its high level of crash resistance and stable power supply through the car during war.
Another display by Kia is a midsized chassis, a multi-purpose car platform, that can be used for making police cars and ambulances as well as military vehicles.
The Seoul ADEX runs through Sunday at Seoul Airport in Seongnam, Gyeonggi Province. This year, more than 550 companies from 34 countries -- the largest number yet -- are expected to join the event.
South Korean stocks got off to a strong start Tuesday tracking overnight gains on Wall Street.The be ...
President Yoon Suk Yeol hosted a luncheon meeting Friday with a group of Korean victims of the 1945 ...
Seoul City has announced that it will host the 2023 Seoul Pet Festival at the Pyeonghwa Plaza in the ...
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains
- NK leader sends congratulatory message to Xi on Chinese founding anniversary
- [Korea Beyond Korea] ‘More cross
- [From the Scene] Whimsical circus workshop offers fun workout
- One Store attracts W20b from Krafton
- S. Korea to extend $5 mil worth of fertilizer aid to Ukraine via U.S. agency
- S. Korea may decide to increase medical student quota as early as next week
- [Herald Interview] Samuel Youn celebrates career in ‘From Darkness to Light’
- “北, 무단철거 금강산 골프장서 옥수수 건조”
- [Herald Interview] Dyson engineer stresses potential of Korean hair care market
- LS Cable inks partnership for Vietnam submarine cable market
- Dansaekhwa master Park Seo
- S. Korea to send US$1 mln in aid to quake
- Korean economy expected to grow by 2.1% in 2024: Hana Institute
- Gwanghwamun's 'woldae' to be unveiled this week after restoration
- N. Korea sent more than 1,000 containers of military equipment, munitions to Russia: White House
- S. Korea set to open largest
- S. Korean diplomat discusses NK human rights with US envoy
- TvN Sports, CGV to screen Bundesliga’s first ‘Korean derby’
- 탄약 찾는 러…국방부 "北컨테이너 적재량, 포탄 수십만발 분량"
- Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
- 163 S. Koreans arrive home from Israel on military aircraft
- Beef prices have soared 100
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- [Top Envoy] Russian satellite help not likely priority for North Korea: Chun
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains
- Seoul shares up nearly 1 pct on eased concerns over Middle East conflict
- 오세훈, ‘TBS 폐지’ 묻자 “그런 일 생겨서는 안 돼”
- GOT7’s Youngjae to release 1st solo LP “Do It” next month